Jeff Martone – Subject Matter Expert for CrossFit Kettlebell
- Director of CrossFit KettleBell Instructor Course
- Current IKSFA KettleBell Sport Lifting Coach certified in St.Petersburg, Russia
- Former Senior Instructor for the RKC (Russian KettleBell Challenge)
- Creator of H2H KettleBell Drills (i.e. KettleBell Juggling)
- CrossFit Science of Exercise and Level 2 Certified
- First Instructor to ever implement a KettleBell program into a Federal Law Enforcement Academy (2001-03)
- Master of Sport, Long Cycle (Double KettleBell Clean and Jerk)
- 2 x North American Record Holder in Long Cycle (Double Kettlebell Clean and Jerk)
- Candidate Master of Sport, Snatch (Kettlebell)
- North American Record Holder in Snatch (Kettlebell)
- A life long competitor, Jeff actively trains in BJJ, boxing and shooting sports.
Jeff balances all of this while presenting at national and international conferences, seminars and workshops. He also provides a low profile operator development program for the Nuclear National Security Administration. His client base includes CrossFit Athletes, elite level lifters,top MMA Coaches and Fighters, multiple Federal and State Law Enforcement agencies, including specials operation personnel.
Lead instructor & Co-owner of Tactical Athlete® Training Systems, Inc.
- Certified Russian Kettlebell Challenge Instructor (RKC)
- Controlled Fatigue Training – Level I & II, certified instructor
- Warrior Diet Nutrition, certified instructor
- 2004 Florida State “Girevoy Sport” Champion
- Assistant instructor, “Russian Kettlebell Challenge” instructor-level certification courses
- Presenter at national conferences, seminars, & workshops
- Author of the Busy Woman’s Workout series: “Kettlebells: Cardio & Fat Loss for Women,” “Kettlebell Interval Training: Maximum results; Minimal Time” and “Kettlebells: 6-Minute Routines for Women.”
- 20 yrs. experience in the fitness field: kettlebells, aerobics, aquatics, and personal training
- One of the first American women to train with kettlebells
- B.S. in Home Economics & Secondary Education
- Home School teacher to their two children
To inquire about personal training, group classes, workshops, and conference presentations, e-mail email@example.com
Greg Amundson is a graduate of the University of California at Santa Cruz, the US Army Officer Candidate School and the United States Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Federal Academy. Greg started his CrossFit training in December 2001 at the original CrossFit Headquarters gym in Santa Cruz, California. As an Athlete at the first CrossFit gym, Greg Greg Amundson was coached and mentored by CrossFit Founders “Coach” Greg and Lauren Glassman for over seven years. Greg was also a former owner of the world’s first CrossFit gym on Research Park Drive in Santa Cruz, CA.
Greg is a frequent contributor to the CrossFit Journal and teaches at the CrossFit Level I Certificate Course and CrossFit Kettlebell Trainer Course. Greg is the founder and lead instructor of the CrossFit Goal Setting Course and the originator of the apparel company Firebreather Athletics. Greg works for CrossFit Inc. as the Law Enforcement Liaison. In this capacity, Greg coordinates and leads the CrossFit Law Enforcement Summit and the CrossFit Law Enforcement Seminar. Greg travels extensively, teaching CrossFit and Goal Setting around the world. Greg serves as an adjutant instructor for Krav Maga Worldwide on the FORCE Training Division for Military and Law Enforcement Combatives and is the owner and Lead Instructor of Krav Maga Santa Cruz in Santa Cruz, CA.
Greg served in both State and Federal Law Enforcement for over fourteen years. Greg served in numerous capacities to include SWAT with the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office and Drug Enforcement with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) on the Southwest Border. Greg was the DEA Liaison to the highly regarded Border Enforcement Security Task-Force (BEST) Team. In October 2011, Greg retired from full time Law Enforcement to devote himself entirely to CrossFit. He continues to serve as a Reserve Peace Officer in Santa Cruz, CA. and a Captain in the US Army National Guard where he teaches leadership, combatives and fitness for the Officer Candidate School in San Luis Obispo, CA.
Connect with Greg on Facebook or e-mail at: Greg@CrossFitAmundson.com
Lead Instructor & CFKB Program Designer
Zach is a seasoned coach with a 10-year career. For nearly half of that time he has been working with Jeff Martone and CrossFit Kettlebell. In addition, he has worked with a number of other kettlebell orgnazations, and has traveled to St. Petersburg, Russia to study where he achieved his Kettlebell Sport Coaching Certification. Zach has run several gyms and is now the owner and head coach of Northwest Strength and Performance, the home gym of Iron Club Athletics, located in the SODO area of Seattle, Washington.
Zach has coached numerous athletes, both in-person and remotely, whose depth and breadth are as varied as his style. This list includes but is not limited to: world record kettlebell lifters, US and German national title holders in various power lifting organizations, a female podium finisher at the US Strongman nationals, high level CrossFit competitors, ultra endurance athletes, and one world explorer who has circumnavigated the globe entirely under human power. Zach also has worked with large numbers of Military, Fire, and LEO, and continues to do so. While this is all very time consuming, Zach remains very much focused on the basics for his clients at his home gym as well, whether their goals are general athletics, rehab, or competition.
Zach’s years working with Jeff Martone and his background with a very diverse collection of athletes have lead to him running Program Design for CrossFit Kettlebell. This programming can be found updated daily on this site.
- Owner Northwest Strength and Performance
- Current IKSFA Kettle Sport Lifting Coach certified in St.Peterburg, Russia
- CrossFit Kettlebell Level 1 and 2 Certified
- Tactical Athlete Certified
- CrossFit Football Certified
- CrossFit Level 1 Certified
- CrossFit Weightlifting Certified
- This list could just keep going, Zach says to always stay a student of the game
Zach has competed his whole life, starting early in martial arts and later moving into grappling. He holds the rank of Candidate Master of Sport (CMS) in the Kettlebell Snatch and has competed at a number of CrossFit Regional events, both as an individual and as part of a team. While he still loves mixing it up in competition and thinks it helps keep him sharp and accountable, his main goal in training has always been simply to be athletically prepared at all times.
Zach can be reached for fitness, athletic development and program design consultation at firstname.lastname@example.org
Marissa “Roo” Luchau
Lead Instructor & Media Director
- Co-Head Coach NorthWest Strength and Performance
- CrossFit KettleBell Level 1 and 2 Certified
- USAW Olympic Lifting Certified
- WKC KettleBell Certified
- CrossFit Level 1 Certified
- CrossFit FootBall Certified
- Crossfit Mobility Certified
- Master of Sport International Class, KettleBell Marathon Sport 20kg Long Cycle (Single Bell Clean and Jerk)
- Master of Sport, 24kg Long Cycle (Single Bell Clean and Jerk)
- Master of Sport, 20kg Long Cycle (Single Bell Clean and Jerk)
- Unofficial Master of Sport, KettleBell Marathon Sport 16kg Jerk, (Marissa’s Jerk World Record puts her 62 reps above what she needed to hit to become a recognized MS in Marathon Sport but as the set was not performed in Italy it remains unofficial.)
- 5 x CrossFit NorthWest Regionals Individual qualifying Athlete
Marissa is also the Media Director for CrossFit KettleBell. If you have videos or pictures of yourself or your athletes and would like to see them updated to our website or social media outlets feel free contact her at email@example.com.
Edward “Eddie” Ramirez has over a decade of strength and conditioning training experience. Throughout these years, he has learned from the best in the community to hold the needs and safety of others to the highest standard. Eddie also has over 15 years of law enforcement experience with the Miami-Dade Police Department, where he worked with various investigative and tactical units. Eddie is also a proud veteran of The United States Army. Because of this, Eddie understands what is needed to achieve a level of fitness that can be functional to your everyday life and yet be ready for the unknown and the unknowable.
Eddie has been recognized by his colleagues and mentors for his ability to train and teach others. Therefore, he currently travels all over the country and the world with the CrossFit Kettlebell Instructor Staff under Jeff Martone. Other gyms also host Eddie to either teach clinics on many other movements, mechanics and subjects.
Eddie is the Owner and Head Coach of Steel Edge CrossFit, Home of The Dirty South Iron Club Charter, in Miami, Florida. He is also an avid Kettlebell Sport practitioner.
Miki is the owner and head coach at Gardens CrossFit in Palm Beach Gardens. FL. Miki is a graduate of the University of Michigan with a Bachelor’s of Science in Exercise Physiology. However, her love of fitness and helping others started WAY before that. From the many hours in a dance studio, to the University of Michigan’s resources and connections, and coaching at her own facility, she has been involved in helping people achieve many things they never thought possible. With many hours spent in the gym, coaching one-on-one and groups, and always continuing education, Miki has been able to focus on athlete’s goals and what drives them. She shows that dedication, constant improvement and knowledge in as many areas as possible is what gets her athletes the best possible fitness and healthy lifestyle. Keeping people safe and happy matters! Always seeking more information to become the best coach possible is her main goal. For more information, coaching and program design: firstname.lastname@example.org
“I am absolutely amazed and intrigued with kettlebells! They have been the driving force keeping me motivated to learn, teach and train, and share my knowledge with others! There is nothing like a kettlebell.” -Miki
Currently holds the following certifications:
- CrossFit Kettlebell Level 1 & 2 Coach
- Tactical Athlete Trainer
- CrossFit Level 1 & 2 Coach
- Pendlay Level 1 & 2
- AKC Kettlebell Coach
- CrossFit Gymnastics Coach
- CrossFit Olympic Lifting Coach
- CrossFit Powerlifting Coach
- CrossFit Running/Endurance Coach
- Norwood Weightlifting
- Columbus Weightlifting
- ACE Personal Trainer
- USAW Club Coach
Chris Hartwell has been an athlete all his life. His efforts have logged countless hours practicing Olympic, Kettlebell, and Power lifts. He is CrossFit Level I, Olympic CrossFit Certified and holds an Advanced CrossFit Kettlebell Certification. Chris is a head coach for the Kettlebell Underground program at RedBlack Gym. As well as a head coach for Crossfit Central’s Burnet and Central Downtown location. He specializes in fitness for longevity of life and over all wellness. Chris is dedicated to help those who are ready to change their life.
Steve is an ordained minister and has worked in the not-for-profit industry for over 25 years in various leadership roles. He has lived overseas for most of the last 10 years (Costa Rica and Mexico), and currently resides in Tenancingo, Mexico. He is the owner of Pura Vida Sports & Fitness, and Gimnasio Pura Vida in Tenancingo.
- Certified Crossfit Kettlebell Instructor
- Crossfit Trainer, Level 1
- Advanced CrossFit Kettlebell Certified
Dan Vadala (a.k.a. Danny Vee) is the owner and head coach of CrossFit Full Potenital in Newburyport, MA. Dan has served as a coach and business consultant to a number of gyms and CrossFit affiliates. He has been coaching youth sports since 2000 and has been a personal trainer since 2004.
- Bachelor of Science in Education
- Massachusetts Certified Physical Education Teacher K-8 and 5-12
- Massachusetts Certified Elementary Teacher Grades 1-6
- Level 1 & 2 CrossFit
- USA Weightlifting Club Coach
- CrossFit Kettlebell Certified under Jeff Martone
- Instructor for CrossFit’s Level I Kettlebell Certification
- CrossFit Running and Endurance Certified under Brian Mackenzie
- CrossFit Movement & Mobility Certified under Kelly Starrett
- CrossFitNutrition Certified under Robb Wolff and Mathiu Lalonde
- CrossFit Gymnastics Certified under Julie Barnes Mauer
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- American Heart Association First Aid and CPR/AED Certified
Keith (a.k.a. “Coach Panda”) is owner and head coach at CrossFit Virtuosity and The Brooklyn Barbell Club. Keith has been personally invited to coach at certification courses by luminaries such as Mark Rippetoe, Mike Burgener, Jeff Martone, Jill Miller and Jeff Tucker. He’s a member of the CrossFit Level 1 Seminar Staff.
Before founding CrossFit Virtuosity, Keith founded CrossFit NYC, the first New York CrossFit affiliate, and the eighteenth affiliate nationwide. He has worked at a number of esteemed fitness facilities including David Barton Gym, Crunch, Equinox, and an array of New York’s top yoga studios.
Here’s a big list of all Keith’s qualifications.
- CrossFit Level 3 Trainer.
- CrossFit Speciality Seminars:
- Basic Barbells
- Olympic Weightlifting
- Science of Exercise
- Running and Endurance
- Movement, Mobility and Maintenance
- Yoga Tune-Up Teacher and Therapy Ball Practitioner.
- Registered yoga teacher.
- Certified by the National Strength and Conditioning Association as a
Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist.
- Certified by USA Weightlifting as a Sports Performance Coach.
- Purple belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu under master Renzo Gracie, one of the most highly regarded practitioners and teachers of BJJ in the world. Keith co-taught the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Club at Columbia University for four years.
- Ambassador for Lululemon Athletica.
- And last but not least, Keith holds a JD from Boston University. Just don’t ask him for legal advice…that was a long time ago!
Ana Browne (ANABELL), is a Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) based in the DC, MD, and VA area. She is certified through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM). Ana is also a certified Kettlebell Instructor through several organizations (Cross-Fit, IKFF and Tactical Athlete), a certified battling ropes instructor, a TRX certified instructor and BFIT-Certified Flexibility Training Instructor. Through years of experience training herself and others to meet various fitness goals, Ana has become a diverse trainer with a complete understanding of how to help people improve their physical health through nutrition and exercise. ANABELL also assists Jeff Martone with teaching Kettlebell certifications through Tactical Athlete.
ANABELL is the founder and master trainer at ANABELLS FITNESS LLC. She also is the founder of KETTLEBELL CHICKS fitness T-shirts.
Her fitness certifications include:
- NASM- Certified personal trainer
- CROSSFIT- Certified Kettlebell teacher L1
- IKFF- Certified Kettlebell teacher L1
- TACTICAL ATHLETE- Certified Kettlebell teacher L1
- BATTLING ROPES- Certified battling ropes teacher L1
- TRX- Certified TRX teacher
- TACTICAL ATHLETE ASSISTANT KETTLEBELL INSTRUCTOR- Partner with Jeff Martone
- BFIT- Certified flexibility instructor